Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Spinach Spinach everywhere

So much to say and no words to say them through. I have never been the articulate one. So even though I scribble here, its far from being an actual outlet :-). But there are so many mediums to express oneself. I am surprised how much I have come to like being in my little garden. Sitting in the backyard with a mug of coffee, reading or working. Watching the seedlings come out, counting the leaves, the odd shaped little ones. It fills me with so much peace. Being outdoors, even in the backyard such a delight - It’s not too hot and not too cold right now.









 Some nice colors on these. Everything looks fresh after the rains. 





Back to planet earth. I love it when the sun comes out after the rain and everything is covered in little drops, shining and sparkling. This hardly feels like summer, it has been quite a cool year. On Saturday we had quite a downpour and everything was shimmering. I need to find more cool weather plants like spinach, nothing else seems to be growing.



2 comments:

  1. I enjoy our garden and spend a lot of time working there. I should probably find more time to simply enjoy being in the garden.

    We could use a little of your Bay Area coolness. We enjoyed some spinach, but with our hotter summer temperatures, it has all bolted and gone to seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started everything very late and quite haphazard as well :-). It is more like an experimental garden, there is a lot to learn. I am sure you spend a lot of time on yours - it is huge and there is so much you are growing! We are back to summer like weather this week, things should take an about-turn now.

    ReplyDelete