Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Planting in pots

When I lived in an apartment, I used to dream of the day I would live in a house with a yard, however small. So I could put my plants in actual soil rather than lots of little pots. This is something I have heard of from a lot of people. The strange thing is, that now I have a yard and I prefer to grow in pots!

Somehow my results in pots are looking healthier. I have more control over it, from watering to moving the plant in and out of the heat. The beds and borders in the yard, even after tilling, digging and amending the soil are not doing that well. They need more water and are more affected by heat and cold. Why is that? I think I need a lot more mulch. I dont feel like setting up drip lines yet. 

And then there is this lady, who never waters her plants! They just grow from ground water. I don't think I can stop watering altogether, but I would like to water them less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment